I moved in to my new house this summer and was in desperate need of some cute decor. If you've got a lot of patience and about a days worth of time, you can make this eye catching, gold wall art. It's a beautiful accent piece to any room (I chose my dining room) and so so easy!
What you need:
1. Large foam poster board (doesn't have to be super thick)
2. Lots of cardstock
3. Gold spray paint (2 cans)
4. Newspaper (for the cardstock to lay on for painting outside)
5. A cup (with about 3-4 inch diameter) to trace the circles
7. Roll of tape
How you make it:
1. Trace the circular cup you've selected on to the cardstock. Each piece of cardstock can hold about 6 circles on it.
2. Cut out the circles and place them on the newspaper outside
3. Spray paint each circle and let dry
4. Start taping the dried circles on to the foam poster board. For the very first row, place the circles so that they hang over the edges of the board so no white is showing. For the 2nd row, place each circle staggered from the row above (like fish scales) and overlapping the above layer a little bit. Make sure no white is showing underneath. Place the circles in by making a doughnut role of tape and sticking it to the back of the gold circle.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 until the whole board is covered (this is the exhausting part, but the final product is so worth it!)
6. When the board is finally covered, cut the overhanging edges of circles off from each side of the board so you have an even line all the way around.
You're done! What a beautiful and inexpensive piece of art!